There is one step in your dental visit you cannot live without: oral cancer screening.
Our practice continually strives to provide important enhancements in oral health care for our patients. We are concerned about oral abnormalities and their relationship with serious diseases such as oral cancer, so we offer screenings for these warning signs to every patient. We are proud to announce the inclusion of the Vizilite Plus exam as an integral part of our comprehensive oral cancer screening program. Vizilite Plus is a simple technology that assists dental professionals in the early detection of oral abnormalities including pre-malignant lesions and oral cancer.
Vizilite Plus is an easy and painless examination that is done annually. It gives this practice the best chance to find any abnormalities you may have, at the earliest possible stage. Our goal is early detection to increase the survival rate of oral cancer. For more information, please visit Vizilite Plus.
NEWS YOU CAN'T IGNORE:
* One American dies every hour from oral cancer. It affects more than 35,000 people in the U.S. each year.
* The American Cancer Society estimates a 5.5% increase in new cases of oral cancer and a 1.5% increase in deaths
associated with oral cancer.
* 25% of oral cancers occur in people who are not at risk of oral cancer.
* Studies show that the human papilloma virus plays a role in more than 20% of oral cancer cases.
* Oral cancer is one of the most curable diseases when it is caught early.
Are you at risk for oral cancer? Virtually everyone is.
Patients age 40 and older.
Patients age 18-39 combined with tobacco use, chronic alcohol consumption, and oral HPV infection.
Patients age 65 and older with lifestyle risk factors.
Patients with history of oral cancer.
Oral cancer is one of the most curable diseases when it is caught early. Cancer screening technologies have been saving lives for years. Early detection tools such as mammograms, pap smear and PSA tests have greatly reduced death rates for breast, cervical and prostate cancers. Now the dentist has a screening technology to use in addition to conventional visual examinations.
Ask about Vizilite Plus today.